Friday, March 02, 2007

March Madness Brings Greatness in April, and flowers. Or is it showers? I can never remember how that saying goes.

If February is a bed of rusty nails that you were forced to lie on for 28 unrelentingly painful days, then March is that perfectly shaped Adirondack chair with a cup holder for your lemonade. March also brings an early surprise this year as daylight savings goes live on the 11th! Credit to the Bush administration as this is clearly one of its biggest accomplishments in the past six years. Perhaps moving the date earlier in the year is simply a diversionary tactic intended to shore up support for the disheveled Republican party in the midst of a Middle Eastern Quagmire the year before a national election. But hey, I say divert on as long as it means more daylight for us.

The surface of the Potomac is back to its liquid state leaving most of us paddlers drooling in anticipation of the chance to paddle on a naturally formed outdoor waterway.

And my apologies for the lethargic rate of blog updates. I was actually running away from the warm weather risking bodily harm (my own) in Colorado. Check out my Mentos commercial:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not all of us drool for 40 degree water. I can promise I am in no hurry to get back on the natural water as long as its much colder than the Basin. And its April showers bring May flowers (but that was written for England and is not so accurate for us southerners).